Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another Labor Pain......

The past 2 1/2 weeks I've left several phone messages and emails to USCIS to follow up with our INS approval..... And I have not heard anything from the USCIS office YET! So, I decided to take a drive down to their office to ask them in person "what's holding up my petition and when will I receive our invitations for fingerprints?" I'm sure anyone in the international adoption world knows that you need to have a infopass to get INTO the building...right? Well... the security guard ask if I had a infopass appt...and I said, no I did not. He ask why was I here for? I said, adoption. Then he said, let me see your ID. I handed him my ID and then he ran my purse & me through security ... and up I went to the second floor..yes! I walk off the elevator into lobby area where 200+ people sat waiting for their turn. I said to myself, this does not look good and this is not going to work out!! I went to the window (only window) for Citizen interviews to ask if I could get information on my petition, she ask "do you have an infopass appt"? No, I said. You need an infopass appt to speak to someone and you were not allowed by security without an appt. (thank you, God & guard). However, she had me to write down my name & number so she can hand deliver to the adoption unit. I continue to ask her a couple more questions, she made a phone call and could not reach anyone, so she said to me to have a seat. She was gone for 20 minutes and came back with good news about my petition. They received my home study and they would comb through my docs to see if anything is missing, then schedule an invitation for our fingerprints...may take 3 weeks for the invitations. Then, on my drive back to work, I received a call from the head officer to tell me the same thing. Now, I pray for a miracle, so we can get approval certificate from INS to get on the waitlist for Taiwan by end of July or may be until August. Keep us in your prayers...

No comments: