Sunday, December 13, 2009

Naming Ellie's Elf...

The Elf on the Shelf
A Christmas Tradition







I was having a hard time coming up with a idea or name for Ellie's elf. I was wanting it to be Taiwan related, and then oneday she will past our family tradition to her own family. So, I came up with the idea to name her elf after one of the families CHOSEN child from Taiwan that I've been following since the beginning of time. The children names that Ellie got to choose from is the following: Cooper, Tessa, Hayden, Ella, Elli, Paige, Claire, Allie, Myah, Po-Chin, Harrison, Sammy, Janie, Sydney, Lauren, Sadie, C.J. & Brooke. We have either cross each other's path during our journeys, or exchange support to each other, or Taiwan babies mommy's chat buddies for a while.




And Ellie has chosen her Elf to be named "Sammy"!! Our Elf Sammy is in training this year, but were going to have some wonderful memories in the years to come with Sammy our Elf....



3 comments:

BethAnn said...

Sammy is a good name :) Ellie looks like she is doing great. Glad to see it!

lorabelle said...

I think Sammy is a good name for her elf too! Ellie looks very intent on that piece of paper in her hand. I love that last picture of her with her tongue sticking out. She is so adorable!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh how sweet!
And however did I miss this post...I am a faithful Ellie follower~I just so enjoy all the pics and updates of her!
We are touched that her elf will hold the same name as our dumpling! What an honor.

And Ellie...she is just such an adorable baby girl! I love the latest photos of her!

Happy Holidays to you and your family and a very Merry Christmas!
Jennifer